Friday 24 February 2017

Question 4: Who would be the audience for your magazine?


Target Audience Profile by Slidely Slideshow



Above is the Slidely I made a few months ago for who I thought I might want the audience to be for Countrypolitan. My TA is compromised of teenagers to young adults who enjoy going to concerts and appreciate the Country Music genre.



As shown by the colour scheme of Issue 83 (the issue I made), the TA might be slightly different than some of the other issues of Countrypolitan due to the cover story being about the life of Gabby Grills (a young woman), which might relate to and interest women more specifically. However if I were to create other issues I wold definitely center the pages around more of a female AND male audience.


Countrypolitan is quite obviously of the Country and Western genre which will attract a rural audience which could be compromised of those who like the music genre or are/want to be involved in the events mentioned in the magazine such as concerts or free song downloads.


I believe all three of the pages I made for Countrypolitan are stereotypically aimed at rural Country music fans due to the serif font style and content of the magazine. All feature stories on the contents page link to the activities or interests that a stereotypical Country fan likes. Not to mention how the articles would intrigue younger readers since they mention concerts and various events.


As the course progressed I made many polls and surveys as part of my TA research to ensure my TA would actually want to read my magazine. In a way you could say that I had an initial idea which my TA helped mold to create something that they liked and simultaneously buy themselves. Upon evaluation, I don't think I could've changed anything to make my magazine appeal more to my TA without having added more articles. So if I wanted to absolutely make certain that my target audience was strictly of a rural, male/female, eastern demographic I think I would have made a double spread contents page.


Intended target audience during planning:
  • 17-30 year olds
  • "Tribe Wired" people with access to technology
  • "Struggling Singles" (I will have to think about the cost of my magazine)
  • "Fun/Atics"
  • Male and Female
  • Western Audience
  • "Aspirers" (I will try to make a positive impression on these people)
  • "The Individual" (make synergy throughout my pages and have a strong house style)
  • "Reformers" (include a story about charities or a benefit concert)
  • Middle - High Class 
  • European
  • Any religion
Who are...
  • Reading for entertainment
  • Reading for information
  • Reading for personal identity
TA after construction:
  • 13-25: Countrypolitan had become slightly more youthful than what I thought it would due to the amount of photos of young artists. The colours used on my DPS would also lower the age category since they are more pastel and intended to attract a younger audience who would possibly relate to Gabby.
  •  "Tribe Wired" people will probably enjoy Countrypolitan as I intended during the planning stage because it is available online. Just the pure fact that it is online accessible will spark their interest and encourage them to read it, especially if they are a country music fan. The social media icons will act as signs and tell them that they can find extra content on the internet and this will cause them to find Countrypolitan on these various websites.
  • The TA's gender for Countrypolitan has slightly leaned towards more of a female audience due  the cover story and the colours predominantly used. As much as I tried to create a magazine which would compliment both genders I don't believe that men would appreciate reading an article called Queen of Comebacks. However this is a stereotypical viewpoint based on the assumptions of what I believe the majority of men like and dislike. Although some men might find this article and these colours to be appealing, stereotypically I think the number of male Countrypolitan readers will be less than I expected.
  • The initial idea that Countrypolitan would have a Western audience still applies. This is shown by the type of costume that all of the artists are wearing in the magazine by being quite Americanised. The slang language is also quite conventional of a typical western conversation which a western audience would obviously notice and enjoy to read more than a formal article.
  • The sexuality of the target audience of Countrypolitan is very hard to decipher as I believe homosexual and heterosexual will both enjoy the magazine just as much. I don't think there are any elements in my magazine that will put off either one of these groups of people so therefor I adhered to each group.

No comments:

Post a Comment